Guidance counselors are trained to help students challenged by issues such as
· Relationship issues
· Emotional health (i.e. depression, anxiety)
· Intense feelings (i.e. anger, grief, fear, frustration)
· Learning difficulties (i.e. attention deficit)
· Preventive counseling
Students may request appointments or referrals may be made by parents or staff.
Confidential support groups are available in such areas as
· Grief and Loss
· Social skills
· Relationship difficulties
· Families dealing with divorce
· Families dealing with illness
Students who would like to be a member of a support group should contact one of the Guidance Office counselors.