There are many reasons why this project is a good fit for Saint Thomas Aquinas High School, the students and our Communion of Saints:
- Loss of critical student practice space as Johnson County Community College continues to expand to the west for its Culinary Center, with construction scheduled to begin soon.
- Capability to utilize our stadium facilities more frequently for practices and games.
- Opportunity for students at all levels to practice and compete in the stadium.
- Reduction of ongoing grass field maintenance and expense at the stadium.
- Capacity to accommodate our spectators, especially for feature-games and matches.
The scope of the Turf Field/Visitor Seating Initiative for Saint Thomas Aquinas High School is $1M, which includes the necessary construction to install high quality synthetic turf as well as additional seating for 1,000 spectators on the opposite side of the stadium.
The projected cost for the field construction and turf installation is $750,000
. The bleacher project is estimated at $150,000
. Additions to the project scope, including fencing, asphalt, field graphics, utility relocation and site engineering, make up the balance of the Stadium Initiative total cost.
Please contact Michon Quick, Director of Alumni and Constituent Relations, at 913-319-2437 or email@example.com
We appreciate your continued support of Saint Thomas Aquinas High School and our Communion of Saints!