Saint Thomas Aquinas High School Online Credit Recovery
Deadline for Course to be complete is Thursday, June 29, 2023
Saint Thomas Aquinas High School’s online credit recovery program allows students to get back on track for graduation from STA. The online coursework through Edgenuity is self-paced, (within a deadline), to acquire a needed credit(s) because of failing a course. Edgenuity, is an NCAA approved curriculum and will prepare students for success at the next level.
- Edgenuity courses are set up on a semester basis. This allows a student to only retake the semester of a course that they failed.
- Final Grade does not replace failing grade, but will be calculated into cumulative GPA. Final passing grade is 67% once all work is completed and graded.
- Only 2 full credits can be recovered over the 4 years a student is at STA.
- The cost per semester for each class is $200.
- Director of Academic Counseling, Deb Castinado, will discuss and approve students who are to take an Edgenuity course prior to enrollment.
- Once receipt of enrollment and payment is received, students and parents will receive an email from Patty Jordan, STA registrar, with instructions to get started with course.
- Coursework is completed at student’s own pace but within a stated deadline given by Mrs. Castinado. Failure to complete course by stated deadline will result in a grade penalty at discretion of administration of STA. In some cases, administration may decide that the course will be put in a student's schedule for the upcoming school year which can result in a substantial change in a student's schedule.
- Tests must be taken at STA. Tests will be proctored on days stated that the building is open and counseling office personnel is available. Test day availability will be stated to both student and parent in the email Patty Jordan sends when enrolled. Testing is by appointment only. Students must email Patty Jordan twenty four (24) hours in advance to schedule a time to test.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS:
- TAKE NOTES throughout the course. It helps you learn to summarize and synthesize the information.
- PRINT OUT PROBLEMS to work on paper if that would work better for you
- STAY ON PACE. The pacing guide given by Edgenuity is very helpful.
- CHECK ASSIGNMENT CALENDAR often
- SET A CONSISTENT SCHEDULE. Set aside a certain amount of time at a certain time of day to work and study
- FIND A QUIET PLACE TO WORK AND STUDY. Find a place where you can focus and are not distracted.
Step 1: Discuss and seek approval from Deb Castinado, Director of Academic Counseling, firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: After discussion and approval granted, enroll and pay for class.
--go to our stasaints.net website
--click on menu
--Academics & Counseling
--Edgenuity Classes at STA for Credit Recovery
Step 3: Student and parent will receive email from Patty Jordan with instructions, passwords, etc to get started with Edgenuity course.
Below are the options STA accepts for PE credit. Before signing up for classes please get approval from Mrs. Castinado.
1. P.E. options listed below by school
2. All courses MUST be approved by Mrs. Castinado prior to enrollment, email@example.com.
1. Health (only) Course for PE 10. $130 per student
Contact Patty Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-319-2456
Once registered you must meet with Mrs. Jordan for policies and procedures.
Schedule testing 24 hours in advance by emailing email@example.com
NO TESTING ON FRIDAYS
2. Olathe School District
Contact: Randy Warner email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Must do Health plus PE concepts
3. Blue Valley School District (MUST LIVE IN THE BV SCHOOL DISTRICT)
Health and Wellness
4. Shawnee Mission School District
Must enroll in Foundations of Physical Education
5. Accelerated Schools of Overland Park
Courses available for credit. Please get approval from Mrs. Castinado prior to enrolling