International Student Program
Saint Thomas Aquinas is recognized by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) as a Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) approved school. We partner with EF High School Exchange Year and Three W International to enroll highly qualified students from abroad. We are authorized by the Department of Homeland Security to enroll F-1 Visa students and can issue an I-20 certificate of eligibility for students who meet our qualifications. If a student is on a J-1 Visa program, we work exclusively with EF High School Exchange Year.
International students seeking enrollment at Saint Thomas Aquinas
Must meet the following guidelines:
- If Saint Thomas Aquinas issues the original I-20, International students must take an ELTIS (English Language Test for International Students) or show test results.
- Students must score at least a 212
- Age requirement: 14 to 18
- Grades 9 through 12
- Students must schedule a Skype interview
- International Student Tuition - $16,000 - Plus enrollment and book fee.
- International students must be enrolled by August 1st of the school year they want to attend.
- International students must find their host family working either with EF High School Exchange Year or Three W International
- If the student is from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan, they must work exclusively with Three W International Agency.
Saint Thomas Aquinas partners with Three W International to provide comprehensive international student enrollment management to students from China. Together, we are able to provide unparalleled support and service to our international students, from general admissions to post-arrival and beyond. If you are a student from China and are interested in applying to Aquinas, please contact Three W International at http://threew.us/how-to-apply/. or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a student from one of these countries is already in the United States with an existing I-20, we will accept their transfer from another high school in Johnson County if they already have a host family.
Saint Thomas Aquinas offers international students the opportunity to immerse themselves in American culture by attending classes and participating in extracurricular activities. International students of high school age are offered rigorous academic programs in our Catholic co-educational environment that range from regular classes to honors and advanced placement and college preparatory. Our students and faculty truly value the opportunity to learn about new cultures while helping our international students experience life and education in the United States. Our international students are high achieving, strong English speakers, and writers who are excited to contribute fully to our community while being fully immersed in classes at Saint Thomas Aquinas.
If you are interested in studying at Saint Thomas Aquinas, please contact Diane Pyle, Director of Admissions, at 913-319-2423 or email: email@example.com for more information.
- Host an International Student -
Consider offering an international student the educational experience of a lifetime! International students are ordinary students who are ready to immerse themselves in American culture and experience the day-to-day life of the typical American family. They stay with you from August until May making memories every day! Welcoming a foreign exchange student to your family is rewarding in so many ways. You can share your family's American way of life with a student from another culture, connect with your community in exciting new ways, and bring the world into your home.
Being a host family is rich and rewarding for both the international student and your entire family! The educational possibilities are endless; you will make a lifelong friend while you learn all about another country’s customs and culture. It’s a win-win for everyone!
What are the benefits?
- You make dreams come true for an international student with the strong desire to learn more about the American culture
- You will add a son or daughter to your family!
- All of your questions about a foreign country, its customs and culture will be answered.
- International students are fully insured and have health insurance and spending money
If you are interested in making a dream come true for an international student, please contact:
Diane Pyle at 913-319-2423 or firstname.lastname@example.org