Financing Your College Education
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
- Completed during a students senior year (Available Oct. 1)
- Determines federal loan, pell grant and work study programs
- Questions, call 1-800-4-FED-AID
- There is no fee for completing the FAFSA
- CSS Profile - https://cssprofile.collegeboard.org/
- Required by some, not all colleges. Only submit and complete if required by your college
- There is a fee to complete the CSS Profile
- Questions? Financial Aid is individual and unique to each institution. All questions should be directed to the College/University Financial Aid office where you have applied.
- All forms must be completed a minimum of three weeks prior to the programs deadline. A failure to adhere to these deadlines prohibits Saint Thomas Aquinas Faculty and staff from being able to guarantee that your documents will arrive by program deadline.
- The Majority of your scholarships will come directly from the institutions you are applying to.
- Applying for scholarships takes time, effort, and energy. The result of your efforts can be very rewarding.
- All scholarships are listed in NAVIANCE under the Colleges drop down - https://student.naviance.com/stasaints
Scholarship Links & Search Engines
Other Places to Research for Scholarship
Parent employer/Professional Organizations
Associations/Foundations related to any special circumstances
Church & Religious Organizations
Associations related to intended area of study
Competitions related to your interests