ALL TRYOUT INFO IS POSTED ON THE TEAM APP!
MANDATORY MEETING FOR ALL PLAYERS INTERESTED IN GOLF - AUG. 13TH @ 2:15PM IN ROOM 102
PRACTICE INFORMATION & EXPECTATIONS FOR PLAYERS
· YOU MUST HAVE A PHYSICAL ON FILE WITH S.T.A. BEFORE PRACTICING.
YOU MUST HAVE THE TEAMAPP FOR ALL INFO, SCHEDULES, AND COMMUNICATION.
· The S.T.A. golf team will have at least 14 members. Separate information for tryout procedures is posted on the TeamApp. Each will be provided with a team shirt, a golf bag (while in season). You are responsible for your golf equipment, proper dress, and all transportation to practices and most tournaments in town. All players are responsible for knowing the rules of golf before competing.
Rule books can be obtained at www.usga.org
· Students are expected to be on time. Any student who misses practice without prior notification and approval of the coach will miss the next meet. Repeat offenders may be dismissed from the team.
· Practices consist of driving range, chipping and putting drills (“short practice”), and/or 9 holes (depending on availability). Practices usually start immediately after school (3:30) and end between 5:30 and 6:00. Sometimes we can go later if our tee times are late.
· We will qualify for our tournaments weekly. A continuous practice average will be kept based on designated qualifying rounds. Tournament players will be picked from the player’s 9 hole average before each tournament. The coach reserves the right to choose players based on attitude, work ethic, and the latest qualifying round or playoff if needed.
· All players are expected to be a credit to St. Thomas Aquinas. Any player caught intentionally cheating will be suspended and may be dismissed from the team. You’re expected to act with excellent character on and off the course.
· Wear the appropriate attire for practice and all meets. Do not wear jeans. If shorts are worn please make sure they are “golf” shorts. Some courses we practice have a length requirement for shorts. Wear a shirt with a collar and tuck it in. We are guests on many of these courses and we need to abide by their dress code.
Plan on practicing every weekday unless a schoolwide announcement is made or you personally hear from Coach Best.