Bulletin Board - Current News
Justin Wrigley - Distance and Relays --- firstname.lastname@example.org
Dillen Jackle - Shot Put and Discus --- email@example.com
Michael Lewis - Long Jump, High Jump, Triple Jump --- firstname.lastname@example.org
Dinsdale Morgan - Sprints, Hurdles and Relays --- email@example.com
Meredith Helus - Middle Distance and relays --- Mmparks83@aol.com
Devan Sawyerr - Sprints and Jumps --- D.firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Ward - Long and Triple Jumps --- email@example.com
Ray Williams - Javelin --- firstname.lastname@example.org
First Practice: Monday, March 2nd at 3:30. Meet in the STA Theater.
2020 PARENT MEETING: Thursday, March 5th at 6:00 in the Theater.
- Practice is at 3:30 after school everyday and usually 9 or 10 AM on Saturday mornings.
- We meet for practice in the fitness center except on day 1.
- You must have a physical turned in to our athletic office in order to participate.
- There are no cuts. Everyone is welcome.
- The top 3 in each event are on varsity, everyone else is JV.
- JV meets are usually on Thursdays.
- Varsity meets are usually on Friday.
- We will work with club sport athletes.
Anyone is welcome to join the team but in order to stay on the team you...
- Must show up on time and be present every day.
- Must have a desire to get better and work at it daily.
- Must be a good teammate with a good attitude and make a positive contribution to the team.
- Must communicate with the coaches about any possible conflicts.
State Champions - 2003 4x400m Relay Finals video and awards ceremony
Boys - 2003, 2016, 2017
Girls - 2006, 2008, 2012, 2014
Boys - 2002, 1996
Girls - 2007, 2015
Boys - 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2016, 2017, 2019
Girls - 1989, 1995, 1998, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012
Boys - 1995, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2017
Girls - 1995, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
THE ATTITUDE OF A CHAMPION:
In the spring of 2003 a sophomore boy named Jason Collett ran an incredibly tough and gutsy 1600m race at the very competitive Shawnee Mission North Relays. Despite his tremendous effort Jason was out-kicked by a Blue Valley West senior named Paul Heffron. Heffron was a multiple time state champion and went on to become an NCAA All-American at KU. When the race was over Jason was very disappointed in losing such a tough, close race. In an attempt to console him, I told Jason that it was okay and that he was only a sophomore so it's not so bad losing to the best runner in the state. Instantly, Jason whirled around and screamed at me, "I'M THE BEST RUNNER IN THE STATE!!!" Jason went on to win two state titles in the 800m and was an NCAA All-American at K-State. His 1:52.35 is one of the top times in Kansas history and was one of the best times in America that year. It was Jason's fierce competitive spirit that made him such a great athlete at Saint Thomas Aquinas and at Kansas State. Do you have the attitude of a champion?